Rise And Shine Study Buddies!
This month I have taken you through a couple of blog posts to assist with a happier, healthier and more product morning routine – so today I’m going to give you some incredible hacks for studying in the mornings!
1. Set multiple alarms - just incase your body’s natural sleep cycle isn’t used to waking up at this time yet!
2. If you can, time yourself to wake up with the sunrise - it’s such a beautiful and refreshing way to start the day and to begin studying with your most positive foot forward. Surround yourself with a relaxing kind of environment where it’s quiet and peaceful with no distractions.
3. Avoid caffeine to wake you up if possible. Drink a glass of cold water to re-hydrate, or even eat an apple - I once read that eating an apple can wake you up more effectively than a glass of coffee because the act of chewing and crunching helps you to feel more alert!
4. Sort out your clothes, books and work the night beforehand and have your study space ready and waiting for you. The less you need to think about in the morning the better. This way, you can concentrate on studying!
5. Rely on different invigorating scents. Some of the best are citrus, peppermint, rosemary and eucalyptus. These scents can help to give you more mental and physical energy, waking you up and keeping you alert. For example, use essential oils, make a peppermint tea or chew peppermint gum.
6. Make sure to eat a healthy breakfast to fuel your body and keep you focused. Avoid sugary processed foods that give you a spike in energy and then can leave you feeling fatigued and crash. Instead, stick to protein rich foods for breakfast to give you a slow release of energy throughout the morning.
7. Aim to eat breakfast before you study and not during or after. When we don’t eat and restrict our bodies from food and calories it needs to function, it creates stress in the body. If you aren’t one to be able to stomach breakfast first thing, try having some fresh juice or a light snack like a few slices of fruit or half a slice of toast.
8. Keep an eye on the time and wrap up your revision and studies at least 15 minutes before you need to head off to school/uni so you have time to pack your bag, gather anything else you need and have a couple minutes to yourself to prepare for a big day ahead.
Implementing these simple tips can guarantee you a happier, healthier and more productive day at school, so be sure to give them a try! I’d love to hear what you thought of them and other handy hints you'd like to share too!